To My Sweet Sam On His 1st Birthday!

My sweet Samuel Paul,
I can’t believe you’re 1 year old today! Mommy is just not sure whether to burst with excitement or burst into tears when I think about your first year already having flown by. It seems like just yesterday Daddy and I were praying God would give us a healthy baby to love. Boy were we blown away when He answered our prayers with you! We even named you “Samuel” because of its meaning “Heard by God.”

You have been such a perfect boy every step of the way. Mommy had a happy and healthy pregnancy and loved carrying you in my belly.


Mommy’s labor and delivery with you was straight out of a textbook. Daddy and I just stared at our beautiful little boy for days!!



You were sleeping through the night at 8 weeks old.


You have hit all of your milestones on time or early and you’ve only been sick with 1cold, 1 tummy bug and 1 ear infection so far.

Mommy and Daddy never stop praising God and thanking him for giving you to us. You are our world and we never knew our hearts could grow this big!





This year you learned to drink from a bottle, roll over, sit up, crawl, hold and drink from a cup, feed yourself, pull up and cruise and so much more. You are such a curious boy, learning and exploring everything around you. A few of the things you love most: Your “buddy” (blankie), bananas, the Barney intro, drinking from cups, electronics (especially cell phones), the cookie jar, laughing at your sisters and pulling their tails, music (singing and dancing).


You are already so smart and Mommy just loves watching your little brain learn about the world around you. Sweetest of all, you have learned how to love and are such a loving little boy. You love giving kisses to Daddy, Mama, your grandparents and even your favorite toys and characters in your story books. You love to lean your little head in and rub our noses with yours. :-) One of my many favorite things about you is that you always sing yourself to sleep. Mama always says I wish I could bottle up that precious sound forever!

We’re getting ready for your 1st birthday party on Saturday and are so excited to celebrate our first year of loving you. You have brought us more joy than we ever thought possible and we treasure every day God gives us to love and watch over you. I feel like the luckiest Mommy in the world- God picked ME to be Sam’s Mama! I will always be your biggest fan and love you all the way to the moon and all the way back just like I tell you every day. No matter how old you get, always know how much Mommy loves you and how PROUD I am of you, Sam!


With all my heart,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this post!!!! Happy Birthday sweet Sam!!!!

    ReplyDelete