2-Week Doctor Appt Update

We had another great 2-week appt yesterday! Sam's heart was beating away at 155bpm. I let Dr. Tinker know I had numbness about the size of a tennis ball at the very top of my tummy near my rib cage. He let me know that one of Sam's little body parts made its way up there and pinched a stomach nerve! So, the numbness and uncomfortable feeling is here to stay until he decides to move. :-) Little booger!!!

I also asked Dr. Tinker about Braxton Hicks I've been having lately that have been very mildly painful. I told him all of my pregnancy books say that Braxton Hicks are uncomfortable but are never supposed to hurt. His response was that those books were written by men who never experienced contractions! HAHA! And that is why I love him. :-) He also told me to lie down and drink lots of water ANYTIME I feel contractions and that if I didn't feel them subsiding to come to the hospital immediately because I could be in labor. Let's hope Jonathon and I aren't those crazy parents who spend every night for the next 7 weeks in the ER thinking we're in labor when it's not the real deal yet. :-)

Sam's growth is right on track and we FINALLY get to see him on ultrasound when we return for our next appt on 2/3. Then we will get an estimate on how big he is and how he is positioned. Dr. Tinker did say yesterday he could feel Sam's head facing down which is wonderful. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the little stinker flips before he makes his grand entrance. :-) I knew Sam had been facing down because of how low I feel his little hiccups.

We're getting very excited about maternity photos this Saturday morning! We're hopefully going to get a few in Sam's unfinished nursery and a few outside if the weather is pretty. I'll be sure to share on the blog when available so you can all see my huge belly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment