We are so excited that the new year has finally rolled around. This is the year of Sam's birthday (as Jonathon was telling my belly last night when the clock struck midnight)! Not much longer until he makes his big debut! We have both had our black-eyed peas today for luck (Jonathon had a spoonful but he did eat them nonetheless...) and are so ready for the blessings in store during 2010!
Today I felt what I think was my first Braxton Hicks contraction. This is God's way of getting my body prepared for what is coming soon and I honestly can't believe it's just around the corner. I wasn't really sure what was happening at first as my belly was tightening. After Jonathon conducted a Google search and we consulted a few pregnancy books, we realized that this was the start of BH which typically begin later in pregnancy.
I have spent time today reflecting on just how good God has been to us and how lucky we are to have such supportive and loving friends and family in our lives. May we always be so fortunate and may our lives continue to be filled with love and laughter as each day passes.
Happy New Year, everyone!!
As a side note, take a moment to vote on the poll to the left on when Sam's birthday will be. Jonathon remarked the other day that the one vote listed was his! HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment