Little Sam has his first baby cold. Our poor baby started getting stuffy and congested yesterday and didn't sleep well (really didn't sleep at all) last night. He began to run some fever today and his little eyes began to get runny and somewhat matted. We took him in to see Dr. Miller and she called in a baby antibiotic he'll take 1/2 a teaspoon of twice a day for 10 days. She also checked his little ears which looked great and showed no signs of infection. We'll be giving lots of cuddles and special attention to our sick Sam the next couple of days.
It is so heartbreaking to see my baby suffering with a little cold. I can't help but think of the St. Jude parents I work for and with every day and what they must go through watching their babies hurt. Just today, I was in the hospital Medicine Room and heard a little girl crying out in pain. My heart broke for that sweet child and her family watching her hurt. As a parent, I'm incredibly thankful a place like St. Jude exists to make such intense pain a little more bearable for sick children and their families. Children like that little girl are the reason I get out of bed and go to work every day. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment