Three Days Or Less Til SAM!!!!!!!

"The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new."
-Rajneesh

Only three days or less until Sam joins our family!! I decided to take some vacation days in preparation for Sam's arrival and also because the doctor felt there was a strong chance he would arrive before his induction on Tuesday 3/9. It is hard to describe all of the emotions I've been feeling for the past few days. Here are a few of my thoughts...

1. The house is so quiet (and I'm soaking it all in because I know it won't be for the next 18 years or so). :-)

2. Ella and Addie are being unusually clingy. They are both mommy's girls. Having a little brother is going to be a big adjustment for them but I know they'll be so sweet and protective of Sam. Hopefully I can find a way to maneuver all three of them in my lap from time to time. :-)

3. Physically, I'm just exhausted and having lots of back pain. I'm also having contractions pretty frequently but they are not often enough or painful enough yet to time. I can definitely tell Sam's arrival is imminent!

4. I'm a little nervous about how labor and delivery will work along with all of my new responsibilities as a parent. One of the things I am most worried about is breastfeeding. I want so badly for breastfeeding to work out for Sam and me. I have taken some great advice from friends and have read up lots on how I can be successful at it. In the same token, I do know there are reasons sometimes why it just can't work out. I have been praying for God to ease my worries about all of these things and have put my trust in Him for everything to happen the way it should. A perfectionist by nature, I know that my motherhood journey will be a learning process. I am prepared to do everything in my power to be the best mother I can to Sam while knowing that I will make mistakes along the way.

5. It is almost surreal that Jonathon and I are about to be "mommy and daddy". Who knew when we met almost 9 years ago (and I initially told Jonathon that no, he could not call me... HAHA!) that God would lead us to this moment? We definitely have a "When Harry Met Sally" kind of love story. :-) We have so many wonderful memories together and I know they will only multiply as our family grows. We are so blessed, overjoyed and READY to meet our little angel!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl how exciting for you guys that your little man will be here so soon. And dont stress about the breastfeeding I worry about everything but from taking care of babies (with moms who bf I found the more worry the worse off) so i just said what will be will be and I made it 4 months (of straight pumping bc he wouldnt take from me) So you can totally do it just relax and know that whatever you have is better the none I mixed formula and bmilk for a while bc Will was such a pig lol! good luck and let me know if you need anything :)

    ReplyDelete