Grammy To The Rescue

Thank goodness for grandparents!!!

Mommy's suspected food poisoning turned out to be a stomach flu that Daddy began feeling yesterday. It's been a tough few days at Casa Lemmons. The already limited hours of sleep have gotten worse. Thank goodness Sam is a wonderful baby who sleeps for 2.5 - 4 hour stretches at night. We could not ask for a sweeter little man!

Grammy is on her way now to sit with Sam this afternoon while Mommy and Daddy catch some ZZZZs. Daddy is at home sick from work today which never happens. This flu is rough! Hopefully we will be past our sickness and back to our old selves soon.

Sam just loves his grandparents. He never fusses when Grammy holds him. Grammy even catches him doing new things. Last week, Grammy told Mommy he said, "GA!" while Mommy napped. :-) I am so happy Sam will be with her when I go back to work in 5 weeks or so. I can't even think about going back to work now without getting upset about leaving Sam but knowing he is with Mom will make things so much easier and give me such a sense of relief.

Sam is 3 WEEKS OLD TODAY!!! And guess what Daddy just saw him do? Hold his own head up for a good length of time while he was on his tummy. Such a big boy!!! We are already so proud!

I blogged in an earlier post about Sam's love for books. Sam has really enjoyed these two books over the past couple of days:

This has always been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl and I purchased it for Sam before he was born. I can never read through it without getting teary-eyed. For those who haven't read it in a while, there is a new page at the end with the little boy all grown up rocking his little girl and singing the song his mommy sang to him when he was a baby. :-)


This was a gift from Mimi that she brought to the hospital when Sam was born. It is one of the sweetest books I've ever read. A baby cub asks her mom about where she came from and the mom walks her through how she and the daddy cub asked God for her and how much they loved her all the way from when they found out about her until that moment.

We are excited for Sam's first Easter this weekend! The Easter Bunny is planning a visit to our house and Mommy is contemplating taking Sam to get a photo with him. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just tried to call. I didn't realize you were still sick. I hope you and Jonathon both feel better soon. We have those books, too. There is nothing better than reading to your own child. Stella is starting to really focus on the pages and seems to just be soaking it all in . . . Motherhood is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete