The Couple That Plays Together Stays Together

In lieu of buying gifts, flowers, etc. for Valentines Day, Jonathon asked me how I felt about spending the night away from home as a couple and having some fun together. I gladly obliged! My college sorority sister and sweet friend Paige and I had lunch a couple of weeks ago and she told me about an article that talked about the importance of “playing” with your spouse and inviting more fun into your marriage. The article was called “The Couple That Plays Together Stays Together” and suggested the following fun activities to do with your spouse:
1. Video games
2. Camping
3. Bowling
4. Tennis
5. Weight lifting
6. Jogging
7. Golf
8. Ice Skating
9. Chess or Scrabble
I couldn’t agree more and am always seeking out fun opportunities outside of the norm (in between raising a precocious 10 month old, striving to be rock star employees in full-time jobs and all of our other time-consuming responsibilities, of course). :-) So, I’ve added a #10 to this list- CASINO!

Friday night 2/12, Sam will spend the night with Mimi and Pops while we head down to Tunica for a night of playing, dining and just enjoying each other’s company. We’re excited for our one-night getaway and the opportunity to do something a bit different while not traveling too far from home. I actually haven’t been to Tunica since my undergrad college days and Jonathon hasn’t been since a friend’s bachelor party a few years back (which I was told mostly involved golf but that’s up for debate). :-) Neither of us are big gamblers, so we have established a small budget we will each take with us in cash to play Blackjack, Roulette, etc. Jonathon told me that if I opted not to spend mine on gambling, I could save it for another treat. I’m thinking I will spend a dollar or two on the penny slots and hang there for a bit with the little old ladies (will keep me occupied for a while) and save the rest for Tunica outlet shopping at Baby Gap! :-) We had so much fun together when we tagged onto a business trip in early 2009 and I know that this trip will bring back fun memories for us.

Viva Tunica! If you have fun Tunica restaurant or entertainment recommendations, please pass them on. I would also love to hear about weekend getaway ideas you’ve had lately (couple or family). Jonathon and I love to travel together and are always keeping a running “list” of destinations! Last, I’d love to hear about fun date activities you and your significant other enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment