Superbowl Snack Ideas

Who says Superbowl snacks all have to be unhealthy diet wreckers? After losing 12 pounds since mid-December (woo hoo!), I want to ensure I stay focused, even with temptation on the horizon. Found this 1 PointsPlus per serving Chili Party Dip recipe via a Facebook post from Weight Watchers and am excited to try it out for our get together at Heath and Kaycee (brother and sister in law)’s house this Sunday:

Chili Party Dip
PointsPlus™ Value: 1
Servings: 10

15 oz canned turkey chili without beans
8 oz fat-free cream cheese
4 oz canned jalapeno peppers
1 small onion(s), finely chopped
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving. Serve with baked tortilla strips.


Jonathon and Heath have also made an additional special request that cannot be categorized as a “healthy football food” option but I’m making anyway because I love them so much :-): One of my best friends Tracey gave me a recipe box and easy meal ideas on recipe cards when Jonathon and I got married in 2006. Having just tied the knot herself and knowing (1) that Jonathon was (and still is) an extremely picky eater and (2) that I was self-admittedly not a Martha Stewart-level cook, she gave me the gift of some great recipes that I still find myself using often 5 years later. This is one of them:

Taco Chicken Wraps

8 large uncooked chicken breast tenders, not breaded (about 3/4 lb)
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
1 can (8 oz) crescent dinner rolls

Heat oven to 375°F. Coat each chicken tender with taco seasoning mix. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place 1 chicken tender on short side of each triangle. Starting with shortest side of triangle, roll dough around each chicken tender; place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until wraps are deep golden brown and chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve with salsa, sour cream or queso for dipping.


What are your game day favorites? This football family is always looking for fun, new ideas…

No comments:

Post a Comment