
My Grandaddy was a wonderful man who went to heaven when I was in 8th grade and I still miss him every day. He always called me his “buddy” and although I was one of eight grandchildren, I always felt like I was his favorite. I would BEG to spend weeks/weekends off of school with Grandaddy. I know he would have LOVED to have watch me graduate high school and college, start my career, get married, finish grad school and welcome sweet little Sam to the world. I know he’s looking down from heaven and smiling on the life I have created and lived but I sure do miss him!

Side note: Don't the above pics resemble Baby Sam? :-) He's such a great mix of Mommy and Daddy.
Now that God gave me Sam in the month of March, Springtime will ALWAYS remind me of him, too. Last Easter, Sam was just 3 weeks old. Hard to believe! I can remember feeling so panicked to take him out in public (Classic worrisome first time Mommy) when he was so little and running in and out VERY quickly to avoid germs. :-) Ha! We will be taking him for his visit this year over the weekend… I can’t wait to compare photos and see how much our sweet boy has grown. He was so tiny here!

With a later Easter this year, Sam will be 13 (almost 14 months) and is now COMPLETELY walking on his own as of last week!! It seems that he went from 2-3 steps at a time around his birthday (first step on his actual birthday :-)) to 6-7 steps at a time in the past month and then full-on walking OVERNIGHT! This will make for some fun Easter egg hunting. :-) We’re currently planning on hunting eggs at our church, Faith Baptist,’s Egg Hunt Saturday morning. We may also attend the Memphis Botanic Gardens Egg Hunt if Sam is up for it that afternoon. We’re also planning to dye our first Easter eggs and Mama picked up our kit (along with cute little bunny tongs and an egg tray) for the fun. The Easter Bunny told Mama that he was bringing some VERY fun things for Sam's basket and I can’t wait for him to get to enjoy them. (little preview below with details to come… don’t want to share the Easter Bunny’s secrets!! :-)).




We had the most PRECIOUS Easter pics made with Katie Betts of Betwixt & Between Photography. Sam just loved playing with the live bunny (Heidi) and baby ducks and chicks and Katie captured some of the sweetest expressions. I’m so glad we had these taken so that we can always remember this adorable time in Sam’s life. :-)













No comments:
Post a Comment