We're quickly approaching 23 weeks and getting ready to meet our handsome BOY in about four months! We found out we were having a boy on October 10 and were beyond thrilled. One of us was ESPECIALLY ecstatic and jumping up and down off of the seating in the office (not naming any names... HA!)... We decided on an elective ultrasound and were so happy with the 4-D experience and DVD we received. Mommy has already watched the DVD of our sweet boy MANY times! When I first went to the doctor to take a blood test, the nurse made a comment that "that little booger is growing!" This has been a funny joke to Jonathon and me ever since! Take a look at how our "little booger" is growing...
7 weeks... a little jellybean!

9 weeks... Still not looking quite like a baby...

11 weeks... Now that looks like a sweet baby!

17 weeks... This is our favorite to date... We can see his ears, nose, mouth and little hands and fingers!

We have chosen a name for our baby boy. He will be Samuel Paul Lemmons and we will call him Sam. This name actually wasn't one on any of our original lists (and those who know me well know my life contains many lists because this is how I work!). The day following the gender ultrasound, we were sitting in church together. Jonathon pointed to 1 Samuel in his Bible. The minute he pointed to the name, we both smiled at one another and knew it was perfect. After further research, we found that the name means "Heard by God." Hannah prayed to God for a child and he gave her a son she named Samuel. It is sometimes mindblowing to think about how unbelievably faithful God has been to Jonathon and me and of how many of our own prayers he has answered. Sam's name could not be more fitting! We chose Paul for his middle name because it is also part of three Lemmons men in Jonathon's family, and it is Jonathon's own middle name. Sam will also have the same initials as his "Pops," Steve! We are so in love with him already and just know his name will fit him perfectly.
Jonathon called me this week on the way into work and asked me to listen to a song on the new Brad Paisley CD. Those who know us know we are huge fans and I have become a much bigger fan of Brad's knowing he also shares a passion for the kids at St. Jude. Jonathon let me know I had to hear this particular song because it was exactly how he felt about Sam. Of course, it really only took the thought of knowing Jonathon had listened to a song and thought about the baby to make me teary-eyed! When I listened to it, I loved the words and thought I would share them on our blog today...
"Anything Like Me"
Brad Paisley
I remember sayin' I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm okay
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said, "you see that thing right there, well you know what that means"
I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me
He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearin' something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street
He's gonna get in trouble, oh he's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that i'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me
I can see him right now, knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass tryin' to melt the tonka truck
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on?
That'll be his first love 'til his first love comes along
He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
And heaven help him if he's anything like me
He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
Get a speeding ticket, he'll pay for mowing grass
He's gonna get caught skippin' class and be grounded for a week
He's gonna get into trouble, we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that i'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me
He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by and I already dread the day
He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand
He's gonna act like he can't wait to leave
But as he drives out
He'll cry his eyes out
If he's anything like me
There's worst folks to be like, oh he'll be alright
If he's anything like me
...I have to say, I hope he is more than just "anything" like the wonderful man I married and admire more every day! So excited for the future and enjoying this amazing time. More to come on our crazy first time parent adventures!



No comments:
Post a Comment