On Friday, Mommy spent the day with Sam and took him to the zoo. Sam was all smiles most of the trip (when his budding teeth weren't hurting him).

We met up with Sam's buddies Hannah, Will, Ava and Addison. Sam loved watching the older kids run through the fountain. I know he wants to be big enough to go too! For now, Mommy wants Sam to stay a sweet little baby because he's growing WAY too fast!! Jonathon and I bought an annual membership to the zoo and I'm so glad we did. I love that Memphis has such a great place for kids and know we will be frequent visitors over the next several years! After the zoo, Mommy and Sam got to spend lots of time snuggling and reading stories (mostly Curious George). Sam also got to watch a little TV and has a new favorite show- Little Einsteins! I'm pretty sure the show is made for children older than Sam but he "gooed and gaaed" lots with the TV when the Little Einsteins were looking for participation to help the ship GO!

Saturday, we ran errands and spent the evening with Jonathon's family and friends. Sam loved being held and spoiled by Mimi and Pops! We didn't make it to fireworks this year but will be checking them out next year when our little booger is running around and able to really enjoy them. :-)

On Sunday, we spent the afternoon with my family. Mommy made some goodies especially for the occasion, including a very festive flag cake. :-)

Sam was all smiles on the 4th!

The highlight of our 4th was taking our little shark swimming for the first time. Check out Baby Michael Phelps in action!




Mommy loves to find great baby products for Sam and we've recently found a big winner I thought I'd share. At this age (especially while teething), Sam loves small cloths and blankets he can grasp and carry. My concern is always that he will fall asleep with one too close to his little face. I found these little aden+anias blankets on babysteals.com and Sam is in LOVE with them!

The blankets are made of breathable muslin (so soft) and they have elephants on them (our favorite). Great bargain as well. I'm now kicking myself for not buying more, but it's tough to know in advance what he will like (best example- the drawer full of pacifiers he won't take) :-). I got online and found a Facebook page for aden+anais and found lots of celebrity babies love these blankets. Check out Heidi Klum's newest snuggling with hers. Sam has good taste!



No comments:
Post a Comment