Saturday, we had the opportunity to take him to Cedar Hill Farms for a few photos with our sweet friend from college, Cassie Pritchett Bousson. Cassie has recently begun to take photos of friends and family as a fun hobby in addition to her nursing career and is so very talented. We are thrilled to get all of the photos back after editing in a couple of weeks. Here are a few she allowed us to preview... Can't wait to see the others!



Mommy was also able to snap a few of her little pumpkin...











Sunday was a great day for a zoo play date and Sam and I loved spending time with two St. Jude co-workers and their adorable baby boys. The three of us were pregnant together and spent lots of time over lunch and email (the first time mom questions are endless!) preparing to be mothers. Now our little loves are like stairsteps and they really enjoy one another. We're going to make our play date a standing monthly engagement and I am planning our next one in November at Davis Kidd for storytime. :-) We went to our first storytime with another co-worker Teale and her new baby Henry a few Saturdays ago and had a blast! Sam loved the songs and story and was enthralled with both the train table and the animated storyteller.
Just when we thought Sam couldn't get any cuter, he has begun waving "bye bye" officially this week. Mommy saw his first wave in Ann Taylor a couple of weeks ago while shopping. Sam was flirting a bit with the sales associate and lifted up his chubby little arm to wave at her. Wouldn't you know that this was the first wave Mommy had seen and it was to a pretty lady? :-) I am raising such a charming little boy! Grammy and Aunt Anna got to see Sam perfect his waving skills yesterday and left Mommy a voice mail while she was working to share the excitement. Aunt Anna was leaving the room over and over for about 20 minutes because she was so excited to see Sam's new trick. And, they heard Sam say "bye" while he waved. Thinking it could have been coincidental, Jonathon and I were looking for it last night and heard him say it yet again when he waved to Mommy as I left for work. I think someone has discovered their first word!
We're excited for a 3-day weekend together (Daddy and Mommy both took tomorrow off) with our first Zoo Boo, Bama/TN football and a potential visit to the Memphis Circus. :-)

Mommy is also celebrating a birthday next week... Rather than revealing the growing number of candles I'll be blowing out (and since most of my blog readers know my age) I'll just leave you letting you know how excited I am to celebrate 25 for another year. :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment