I feel strange typing 36 weeks as it seems like just yesterday we were praying we would make it to 6 weeks! My goodness, this pregnancy has flown by. I can't believe at the end of this week we will have a full-term baby! Yesterday's appointment went well. My blood pressure has been all over the place and was extremely high at the end of last week. Thankfully, it leveled off some this weekend and Monday and I am feeling much better and relieved. Dr. Tinker explained to me that my blood pressure is the result of my body handling carrying an almost fully-grown baby and that it would continue to fluctuate. He also let me know that rising blood pressure was my cue to take it easy and relax.
Dr. Tinker then examined me to reveal that Sam is still head down and in position for birth (yea!) and that I am already dilated 1cm and effaced 50%. While this can mean we'll be waiting for Sam for a few more weeks, it is progress and could mean he will arrive any day now! Such exciting news!! We'll continue to visit him weekly to see what kind of progress we are making.
We officially finished Sam's nursery this weekend and feel very ready to meet our sweet boy at any moment. Everyone has asked if I am feeling nervousness, and my answer is that I can only feel excitement. I am so anxious to hold him and tell him how much I love him already!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment