Dream A Little Dream

I’ve read and heard that pregnancy brings on crazy dreams.

From Babycenter.com:
Dreams are like funhouse mirrors that reflect your emotional state. Since pregnancy can feel like an emotional roller coaster, don't be surprised if your dreams become more vivid and crazy than usual. Dreams also become more vivid during pregnancy because of increased progesterone and increased awakenings from dream-filled REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Some experts think pregnancy dreams — which can be about everything from tadpoles and fishes to talking animals and towering skyscrapers — symbolize your excitement, fear, and apprehension about the physical and emotional changes happening to you.

The past few nights have caused me to think that the words “vivid” and “crazy” are understatements. Among the most bizarre dreams I’ve had lately, here are a few:
1. Giving birth to a puppy (I remember its little face so accurately, too… looked like a Cairn Terrier).
2. Giving birth to a baby who came out with Mickey Mouse ears (Seriously?).
3. Having a stranger pour gasoline on me and light me on fire (this one was more of a nightmare… I’m thinking too much Law & Order?).
4. Spending time at a dance camp with Patrick Swayze as he taught me steps (This one was so much fun. And I haven’t even watched Dirty Dancing in a while!).

Here’s hoping for more sweet dreams until Sam arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment