Grammy also bought a CD of special personalized lullabies for Sam. Listening to them touched our hearts so much! I thought I would share lyrics to my favorite:
“Glimpse of Heaven”
Samuel, my angel sent down to me from heaven above.
God's gift is your life and the depth of your unending love.
I look into your eyes and my heart begins to melt.
The greatest treasure on earth is this love I had never felt
until you beautiful child were given to me.
The years pass so quickly. Before my eyes you grow and change.
But one thing is certain. My love for you is here to stay.
For Samuel you’ve changed my life and your love has set me free.
Without the love of a child I felt lonely and incomplete,
But you, beautiful child, have made me complete.
Love, what awesome love, between this mother and her child.
God gave me a Glimpse of Heaven when he gave me this gift,
you beautiful child.
Hearing this precious lullaby got me thinking I need to put together a collection of several I can begin playing for Sam while he is in my belly and then sing to him when he arrives. I spent some time adding our favorites and came up with a great mix. I know without a doubt that those middle of the night moments holding and singing to him will be some of the most special I will ever experience in life. I can’t wait!!!
Daddy's one request was to add “Angel’s Lullaby” by Richard Marx. If you haven’t heard it, download it. This is a song Jonathon has always said he can’t wait to sing to our baby. So sweet!!
Mommy has been in San Juan, Puerto Rico on a business trip.

While this is definitely not the first time I've traveled pregnant, it is the first time I've traveled alone at 6 months pregnant. I have learned to both appreciate and politely brush off comments from strangers. Also, Tums have become a new best friend. Sam is giving mommy lots of heartburn. Not convinced that the wives tale about lots of heartburn being equated to lots of hair is accurate. Jonathon and I were both baldies for our first couple of years! :-)
I've also picked up a great book to read in addition to the traditional "What To Expect When You're Expecting." It's called "You: Having a Baby" and is co-written by Dr. Oz. Normally not a fan of his but I have found the book very educational and enlightening.



No comments:
Post a Comment