5 Year Anniversary Cruise!

Jonathon and I have been talking for a while about taking a “big” vacation which we haven’t done together since 2009 on our “Babymoon” to Destin, FL before Sam was born. Although our true wedding anniversary is in August, this time of year made the most sense to travel based on work obligations, weather, etc. We wanted to plan a trip this Spring that would be fun and would be a true getaway without distractions. We found just what we were looking for when we took our cruise!
This was our first one, so we weren’t really sure what to expect. I can honestly say I hope it’s not our last! Everything from the people watching and the fun atmosphere and activities to the GORGEOUS ports of call (didn't rain once our entire vacation) and only having to unpack one time were definitely our kind of getaway! We went with our friends Josh and Melissa and had the most wonderful time vacationing with them. They even won another free cruise while we were on the boat and get to go BACK on another one within the next year! Jealous! I was not quite as impressed with the food as I thought I would be but was thankful for that since I walked away only gaining 2 lbs. compared to J's 9! Ha! I will say that I had planned for a week of pure relaxation and was shocked to find that I stayed so busy I didn’t have time to read the 10 books I brought (although I did finish a couple- see below), rest, etc. because I was out and about having fun instead!

BOOKS READ (normal week vacation average is around 10 and I read 2.5 this vacation (maybe 3 if you count celebrity gossip mags):

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the four others in the series. It's about a family that goes through trials, struggles, and hardships with members that sometimes forget their faith but always eventually come back around. Can't WAIT to read about what happens next when I find the time and to check out more of Karen Kingsbury's Christian Fiction. She is a fabulous writer!
A coworker suggested Mary Kay Andrews books and let me borrow this when I mentioned needing some lighthearted, girly books to take on vacay. Loved this one! Hilarious, and I love that you can see the writer's Southern roots all the way through.
REALLY wanted to finish this one so I could go and see the movie when I got back but it was getting WAY too depressing for a beach read so I switched about halfway through. It's still on my nightstand and I intend to finish it when I have time but have to admit it's not completely captivating me.

Here are a few of our favorite photos from Miami, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau and of course, the Carnival Destiny itself. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment