Our Pastor Bro. Danny preached a wonderful sermon on Mother’s Day about women in the Bible who had lived with sin in their lives and gone on to do amazing things for God. As he began the message, he talked about Mother’s Day being a day filled with emotions for many. It’s a day set aside to honor those women who have impacted our lives most, but can also be filled with pain, hurt and grief depending on what you have experienced in your life. I couldn’t help but think about sitting in the same room two years ago to the day after having gone through a miscarriage and remembering the hurt I felt. It was just one year later in 2010 that I was able to spend Mother’s Day dedicating Sam to the Lord when he was just 2 months old to the day. What a wonderful blessing he is and I will never lose sight of how much God has blessed our lives with such an unbelievable little gift to love!
My sweet boys surprised me Mother’s Day morning with cards (my favorite gifts of all) and Mama was the proud recipient of my first ever homemade gift from my sweet boy- a bookmark with his thumb print that he made for me at “school.” Made my YEAR!!!
I knew my boys had given me a big Mother’s Day gift as I had already been enjoying my new Tory Burch sandals and was not expecting any new gifts. They totally surprised me with their sweetness and creativity when they gave me some really thoughtful things- a new apron (Because J said this just seemed like something Sam would buy for Mama)…
…and a new cookbook full of recipes Sam and I can make together! LOVE IT! Can’t wait to try it out. :-)
After church, we joined Nanny (Jonathon’s Grandmother and Sam’s Great Grandmother) and Jonathon’s parents for lunch. Sam’s favorite part was when he spotted his first roly poly outside the restaurant- he was FASCINATED! I begged him to smile for a pic in his precious yellow gingham outfit but we were on the verge of a meltdown and in desperate need of a nap. Still a cutie just the same!
While Sam napped, Mommy enjoyed a movie with Grammy, Aunt Debbie, Auntie Anna, and cousin Natalie. We saw “Something Borrowed.” Great chick flick and I really loved the book. Criticism: Somehow, I found it less easy to identify with the main character in the movie than I did in the book as I watched her stab her best friend in the back on-screen! Ha!
What a wonderful Mother’s Day I had. I know I say it often, but I’m such a blessed lady!! So thankful for my sweet boys and our wonderful families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment