Summer Sun, Something’s Begun…

I love, love, love Summer. My favorite season by far because there are always SO many fun things going on. Last Summer was spent staying close to home and helping Baby Sam get used to the new world he was living in. :-) This Summer, we have some exciting adventures in the works! Here are a few I’m particularly pumped up for...

This weekend: Love Worth Fighting For Marriage Conference at our church
Jonathon and I are excited to attend our first ever marriage conference tomorrow night while Grammy and Grandpa watch Baby Sam. We loved the movie Fireproof and were thrilled to learn that Kirk Cameron (grew up watching him/having a crush on him when he was Mike Seaver in Growing Pains) was starting a tour across the country focused on building godly marriages!
We are ready for our marriage to be strengthened and encouraged and excited to see what teachings God has in store for us.

Later this month: NKOTBSB in Nashville
It all started when my college sorority sisters and I went to see NKOTB in Summer 2009 on Mud Island. I could hardly believe my ears when I heard they were reuniting at their ages. Their concert was a blast… I was singing loudly and pulling lyrics from WAY in the back of my head that I thought adulthood may have erased. Nope! Especially loved it when Joey broke out with "Please don't go GIRL..." and Donnie started in with my personal favorite- "COVER GIRL!"
(link inserted for your viewing pleasure)
I was so obsessed with them growing up! I’m talking sleeping bag, posters, cassette tapes, large 80’s style buttons, you name it! Ha!
Had these boys plastered all over my walls!
Aren't you jealous you didn't take this fashionable sleeping bag over to all of your girlfriends' houses? HA!
Imagine my delight when I found out that NKOTB was touring with the Backstreet Boys this Summer. Nashville was announced on their original tour and we once again bought tix right away. We are so excited for a girls getaway and of course reliving our childhood with lots of fun boy band singalongs! Love it!

In July: Baby Sam’s 1st Beach Trip to Destin

I am so excited to take Baby Sam to the beach for the first time in July! Daddy has to stay in Memphis to work so Grammy, Auntie Anna and Sam’s cousin Natalie will join me for an all girls (and one boy :-)) trip. We rented a condo right on the beach in the heart of Destin and will have access to several pools and fabulous amenities while there. I can’t wait to see sweet Sam’s chubby little toes hit the sand for the first time! Hope he likes it and will definitely be looking to my fellow Mommies for travel tips. I also cannot stop buying him precious beach-themed clothing (just bought a monogrammed crab tee AND a seersucker sailboat jon jon last night and my Hubby is going to KILL me if he sees PayPal on our bank statement one more time due to adorable smocked clothing sites on Facebook… Uh oh!)!

In August: Anniversary Weekend in New Orleans

Even though we just came back from a fabulous cruise to celebrate 5 years, Jonathon asked me the other day if I’d be interested in a weekend getaway on our REAL anniversary on August 12. Of course, I was thrilled to start planning our little trip when he suggested New Orleans, one of my absolute favorite cities!
Looking like we’ll stay in a quaint B&B near the French Quarter and will spend a couple of days eating, drinking and being MARRIED (couldn’t resist). I can hardly wait to show Jonathon around one of my favorite places (He is going to LOVE beignets at Café Du Monde which I have not enjoyed since Baby Sam was in my belly and he jumped for joy after I ate one!).

In between the big events, we’ll be enjoying lots of park, zoo and general outside time. LOVE IT! In the words of Bob Marley, “Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet!”

No comments:

Post a Comment