Chicken/Turkey Tetrazzini

I decided to try making chicken tetrazzini for the first time last night. With Thanksgiving coming up, this is also a great recipe for leftover turkey (turkey tetrazzini is very yummy and much better than tossing the turkey in a soup or stew!). Of course, I needed to make my chicken tetrazzini the Southern way and used my Puffy Muffin Memories in the Making cookbook. I've decided to take that recipe and another I found and combine the two. This is how I'll plan to make it next time. I hope you enjoy and this gives you another use for all of that leftover turkey after Thursday. Gobble, Gobble!

1 box (12 oz.) spaghetti noodles
4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (or leftover turkey) :-)
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese or Velveeta
2 Tbs. butter
2 cans (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can chicken broth
1 med. onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Mushrooms and chopped bell peppers as desired (I omitted as we all know how picky Jonathon is!)
Additional shredded cheddar or Velveeta for top, if desired.

Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain. In pan, saute butter and vegetables. Add soup and chicken broth and 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer spaghetti to a large bowl. Add soup/veggie mixture and chicken to noodles. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2 qt. casserole dish and sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment